Have a party of course! But what type of party?
When Annabelle was little I just couldn't wait for her to be able to voice her opinion and to have 'big girl' conversations. (We all know where this is going.) To tell me what she liked, disliked, wanted and how she was feeling.
The 'big girl' conversations have turned into arguments about what matches and what doesn't, how she would prefer to wear a skirt instead of shorts and that just because the clock says 8:30 that doesn't mean she has to go to bed.
So needless to say this year’s party planning was filled with lots of 'big girl' conversations.
Where did we net out you may be wondering (sorry for the rambling)?
A Sleepover.
This will be our first one. I say 'our' because it involves the entire family.
So to make this easy for everyone we will be having this grand event at a hotel. Can you feel the stress level drop immediately!?!?!
It will start at 6pm with the girls (6 of them, 7 including Annabelle) gathering at the hotel, followed by some swimming, pizza eating, cupcake devouring and toe nail painting. Then in the morning we head to breakfast and the party ends at 9am the next morning.
A lot of people have called me brave... I think I am smart more the brave for the following reasons:
1) It's not at my house
2) I don't have to fix food (Nate is making the cupcakes)
3) It starts late, ends early
4) NO CLEAN UP!
5) All of the parents get a night out!
It is a win-win!
The festivities are this Friday (8/14)! I will update this on Sunday with fun happenings and pictures!
PARTY ON
WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:
Post a Comment