Thursday, September 10, 2009

ALL ABOARD!

Most of you know that I am the youngest in my family with the label of baby. I also can be referred to as a quasi-only child according to the Birth Order Book due to the fact that my sister is 7 years older than me.  I have both baby tendencies (ie. Peacemaker) and first born- only child tendencies (ie. Tell ya like it is).

Side note: If you haven't read the Birth Order book... you really should.  It is quite enlightening and will explain a lot about your family members!

Knowing this about myself, and having read a good bit about it, I have always felt confident that I would be able to navigate my relationship with my first born, Annabelle, with ease.  In my head, the balance of both my first born personality (quasi- only child) and my baby gave me an advantage because I understood both... or so I thought.

It has now come to my attention that I really know NOTHING about being a first born child and really am having a hard time navigating what is going on in Annabelle's head.  In the last 6 months she has become:
1) Very outspoken
2) Argumentative
3) Whinny beyond imagination
4) Aggressive
5) Down right mean

Yes, yes, yes... All you shaking your head saying "Not Annabelle... she is nothing like that!"... And you are right 75% of the time.  She is a sweet, loving, kind, and outgoing kid most of the time.  However, the 25% of the time that she is ROTTEN is killing the MOMMY!

So I decided that navagating this by myself was STUPID and have invited a co-navigator to join me in my quest to understand and control the adventure ahead of us... NATE/Daddy.

It seems that my best efforts to communicate (mixed in with a little yelling... maybe) with Annabelle were getting me nowhere.  After a short, soft spoken chat with her daddy we seem to be back on track and on our way to the next stop on the ATTITUDE EXPRESS. 

I am just hoping that it's a long ride filled with giggles, hugs, good manners and respect... Fingers Crossed!



1 comment:

  1. Can you hurry up and figure it out so that you can direct me in a couple of years when we're there? :) I keep meaning to borrow your copy of the birth order book....

    ReplyDelete