Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lesson #985


Yesterday was Annabelle's first day of 1st Grade. She was super excited as we walked in the building making our way through the crowded halls to her new classroom. She went straight to her seat and started to unload her backpack with the help of her new teacher Ms. Twigg.

Side note: Yes, she indeed go from a Moss to a Twigg!

Nate and I waited to get our hugs goodbye and wish her well. Nate got a 1/2 of a hug and I got a high-five as she practically pushed us out the door! I know, I know...it shows her independence, however down deep I was waiting for that moment of "I need my mommy" but it never came. Instead I got "Can I get some loves from Russ"? REALLY... why not loves from mommy... I mean... I am the only mommy you have. (DEEP BREATH)

So, I decided to try once more to see if I could incorporate myself into her school day by asking if she wanted me to walk her in again today to make sure she knew where she was going. And the response I got was...

NO.

Lovely.

So as we were pulling up to the school I asked again. And this time I received a very firm....

NO.

Which was followed up with "I know where I am going and I don't want you to walk me in. I want to be in the car rider line and get dropped off".
(Again DEEP BREATH)

"Fine" I told her as we slowly pulled up to her drop-off destination. She got out of the car, looked back and said "Love you Mommy!".


Lesson # 985: She may be big enough to walk herself to her new classroom on the 2nd day of school... but she still loves me, even if she won't let me walk with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment